Open 9:30 – 10:00 Exclusively for Military, Military Families, and Veterans.
There are numerous agencies that are able to assist veterans with transition and employment issues. The following are just a few examples.
Eglin AFB, Airman and Family Readiness Center 850-882-9060
Hurlburt Field, Airman and Family Readiness Center 850-884-5441
Tyndall AFB, Airman and Family Readiness Center 850-283-4204
Whiting Field, Fleet and Family Support Center 850-623-7177
The centers offer various classes to include (3 Day TAP class, VA Briefing, DTAP briefing, Medical Records Review and Separation/Retirement briefings). They also are able to assist with one-on-one appointments to help the transition that may cover employment and financial issues.
- CareerSource Okaloosa Walton (formerly Workforce Development Board/JobsPlus).
- Department of Veterans Affairs Vet Centers have over 232 community based centers to help vets.
- Federal Employment
- Department of Defense
- Unemployment Services
- State Bonuses/Benefits
- Small Business Administration
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Licensing and Certifications
- Troops to Teachers
- Transition Assistance Online
- Employ Florida
- Vet Central
- Career One Stop
- Department of Labor